Senior Enforcement Specialist
Treasury, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
2 vacancies - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Career/Career Conditional - Full-time
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Wednesday 1/18/2017
Salary Range $94,796.00 to $123,234.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-1801-13/13
Promotion Potential 13
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply U.S. citizens who are:
1. Within the local commuting area and are Status Eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement); OR
2. Individuals, no matter where you reside, who are VEOA eligibles.
Control Number 462102400
Job Announcement Number 17-FinCEN-6
About the Agency
The incumbent serves as a Senior Enforcement Specialist in the Office of Special Measures. Incumbent is a highly seasoned specialist and is assigned a wide range of especially complex enforcement cases. The incumbent may also review or oversee the work products of less senior specialists.
Become part of the team that safeguards the financial system from the abuses of financial crime. At the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), we are at the forefront in preventing and detecting terrorist financing, money laundering, and other financial crime. Serve at the nation's financial intelligence unit and protect the United States financial system from criminals and terrorist financiers.
Security Clearance: This position has been designated national security Level IV, Critical Sensitive. Applicants must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), and have been awarded a Top Secret clearance or be willing to undergo a SSBI, and the SSBI must be favorably adjudicated. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination. Continued employment with FinCEN is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the SSBI, the results of which fully meet the FinCEN's special employment criteria. All employees are subject to satisfactory completion of periodic reinvestigation and a continuing life style in conformity with applicable national and FinCEN directives. Any unfavorable information developed during an investigation or other official inquiry may result in termination of employment in accordance with established security policies and procedures.
As a Senior Enforcement Specialist, you will:
- Collect and analyze operational and strategic intelligence from wide-ranging sources including Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies, military departments, foreign governments, and financial institutions.
- Represent Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) in conferences, meetings, on-site visits, and inter-agency and intra-agency work groups.
- Implement enforcement decisions and making enforcement recommendations in situations complicated by uncertainty in approach, methodology, and or interpretation due to extreme sensitivity (e.g., subjects of an investigation may be well-recognized, high profile individuals or organizations).
- Provide guidance and assistance to enforcement staff members in implementing intelligence- driven targeting, developing and implementing investigative plans, applying facts to law, assessing the strength of evidence, using and implementing appropriate use of enforcement summons authority, and determining appropriate use of FinCEN authorities.
- Occasional Travel
- One to five nights per month
How to Apply