This position is located at the Chillicothe, Ohio VA Medical Center and is aligned under the Geriatrics and Extended Care Line.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a contributing member of an interdisciplinary treatment team providing acute mental health treatment to Veterans admitted to the inpatient mental health unit. Functions include psychosocial assessment, sharing in mental health master treatment planning responsibilities, discharge planning coordination and limited, supportive counseling.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Psychosocial Assessment - Developing an assessment of the Veteran, family, economic, community, and psychosocial support systems
- Treatment Planning/Goal Setting - Contributing to the treatment plan, and setting achievable treatment goals with the Veteran/family in collaboration with the inpatient mental health interdisciplinary treatment team members
- Referral to Service Providers - Providing subject matter expertise on VA and/or community resources
- Resource Development - Developing a resource file of VA and community social service programs and referring Veterans to needed services
- Advocacy - Understanding the intricacies of bureaucracy and acting as an advocate when it serves the best interest of the Veteran/family
- Crisis Intervention - Making rapid assessments and developing crisis management plans
- Education/Health Promotion and Prevention - Providing education related to VA and community resources, entitlements, Advance Directives/Living Will/Mental Health Preferences Advance Directives, and referring Veterans/families to the appropriate interdisciplinary team member for identified health education needs
- Coordination of Discharge Planning Services - Serving as the discharge coordinator for Veterans admitted to the inpatient mental health unit
- Supportive Counseling - Providing Veterans and their families with supportive counseling
- Documentation & Administrative Requirements - Understanding and adhering to documentation requirements in the electronic medical record, using appropriate content, formats and templates
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Some evenings, weekends, and/or holidays may be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required