OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The VA Central Iowa Health Care System provides a full continuum of care between the Des Moines campus and our Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's) and is one of the Medical Centers that make up the VA Midwest Health Care Network (VISN 23). Employee selected may be expected to perform duties at other duty sites within VA Central Iowa Health Care System based on the needs of the organization.
Current, permanent VA Central Iowa employees, VA employees, and other federal agency employees should apply under the internal announcement CBAV-10115765-18-KT https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488645800
This Social Worker Program Coordinator position is the Chief of the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MHRRTP) located within the Mental Health Service Line at VA Central Iowa Health Care System. The MHRRTP program is an onsite residential (Domiciliary) program for Veterans. The MHRRTP Chief has full responsibility and accountability for the planning, developing, organizing and operation of this clinical program. This position reports directly to the Mental Health Service Line Director.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop program policies, goals, and objectives consistent with the mission of the Domiciliary.
- Coordinate with medical center and Domiciliary staff to ensure proper evaluation procedures, innovative treatment options, cost effective services, and a continuum of care for referred Veterans.
- Chair, coordinate, and direct administrative meetings, program planning, and clinical meetings to ensure effective communication, proper functioning, and accountability of the Domiciliary service.
- Ensure that appropriate and timely documentation is maintained for programmatic and administrative measures.
- Development and maintain high quality community relationships.
- Direct and assist in the ongoing development and refinement of specialized programming.
- Direct and assist in collecting and managing program statistics, and provide leadership on action plans for performance improvement.
- Ensure adherence to VA regulatory agency requirements, such as MHRRT Handbook, as well as those of accrediting bodies, specifically CARF and The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Along with clinical staff, monitor the effects of residents' behavior on the welfare of Domiciliary residents and apply corrective measures when necessary.
- Supervise the maintenance of Domiciliary control point funds, equipment inventory, and equipment requests.
- Ensure "Environment of Care," safety, and sanitation for all Domiciliary buildings.
- Direct the investigation and handling of complaints, grievances, and other concerns by gathering facts, producing reports, and taking corrective actions as indicated.
- Coordinate and monitor staffing patterns and coverage issues to ensure resident safety.
- Responsible for the hiring and training of new employees and the orientation of new residents.
- Direct line supervisor of Domiciliary paraprofessionals and select other Domiciliary professional staff.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required