In fulfillment of the Inspector General Act, the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Inspector General (OIG) provides auditing, investigative, and other services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its statutory mission. The OIG provides independent, objective oversight to improve the integrity, accountability, and performance of SBA and its programs for the benefit of the American people. The OIG seeks to improve SBA programs by identifying key issues facing the Agency, recommending corrective actions, and promoting a high level of integrity. In carrying out its audit mission, OIG conducts financial and performance audits of internal Agency functions and of participants in SBA programs to promote the economical, efficient, and effective operation of SBA programs.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides high level administrative assistance to the IG/DIG by managing the workflow, priorities and administrative operations of the Immediate Office.
- Manages commitments of time for the IG/DIG establishing overall guidelines for appointments and scheduling of special meetings and conferences.
- Manages administrative files and records and disposes of files in accordance with records management instructions policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts special crosscutting assignments in connection with problems, proposals, or matters of special interest/concern to the IG/DIG, such as, the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency liaison and Office of Executive Secretariat correspondence control officer.
- Arranges official travel for the IG/DIG including preparing authorizations, arrangements and vouchers.
- Reviews written material submitted to the immediate office and intended for distribution, to ensure that content is complete and responsive to the OIG's needs, consistent with general OIG policies and procedures, and fully coordinated.
- Manages the Immediate Office's budget as well as helps with estimating the future needs of the office.
- Represents the IG/DIG on a variety of administrative activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.