The Registered Nurse (RN) assigned to Critical Care Unit within Medical Care Line will adhere to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center (MEDVAMC).
Learn more about this agency
The RN will demonstrate leadership when providing nursing care and serve as a role model when assigned as team leader or charge nurse under the supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee. The Registered Nurse responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply the nursing process to systems or processes at the unit/team/work group level to improve patient care.
- Develop the initial nursing plan and updates the plan, serving as a resource person to less experienced staff, and acts as a leader in developing standards of care.
- Provide patient/family/health care provider with established realistic, measurable goals related ot health education and treatment plans and in planning care on a continuum.
- Document and rate administrative and clinical information in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate accountability in communicating information to patients in compliance with established standards and protocols.
12 hour shifts; 7:30pm - 8:00am shift. Tour may include rotation on weekends and holidays; may also include rotation to other tours of duty.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required