DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
- Assist customers answering questions such as item price or location and handling bulky/ heavy items.
- Operate an electronic checkout system to record unit price, total customer purchase and make correct change.
- Perform a variety of duties in handling, preparing and maintaining stock levels of grocery and produce items.
- Review stock levels and gather inventory data in order to maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of documents to order commissary items, reconcile invoices and submit requisitions.
- Maintain security, safety and sanitation practices and procedures.