The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Accountant in O&R Group, and will have oversight and responsibility for the compilation of financial reports, e.g. Statement of Transactions (SF-224) and Fund Balance w/Treasury Reconciliations and accounting operations for certain Offices Boards and Divisions (OBDs), Bureau Treasury Symbols. Assists in the formulation of policies, guidance and procedures relative to financial reporting and accounting operations.
Learn more about this agency
- Supervising a group of employees performing work at the GS-13 and below level.
- Knowledge of the Standard General Ledger (SGL and the Government-wide Treasury Account Symbol Adjusted Trial Balance System (GTAS); reporting experience with the Federal Agencies Centralized Trial Balance System (FACTS).
- Develops strategies for planning and implementing financial policies, procedures, and management controls for a significant organizational component or to fulfill multi-year objectives for a program with national impact.
- Coordinates and evaluates accounting program studies and analysis to determine legal and regulatory compliance, workflow and other financial considerations.
- Examines accounts to resolve difficult and sensitive reconciliations requiring and analysis of adjustments and corrective entries in the account.