This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO), Protected Resourse Division (PRD) with one vacancy in Gloucester, MA.
Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-4.
* A one year supervisory period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Supervisory Fish Biologist, ZP-0482-4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Supervisory Fish Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct management and develop approaches to influence decision making on National Marine Fisheries Service Endangered Species Act recovery and conservation efforts for marine or estuarine species in the Atlantic.
- Coordinate with the Northeast Fisheries Science Center, outside federal action agencies, and others to monitor take of our protected species. Manage and coordinate actions to respond to petitions to list new species under the Endangered Species Act as well as down list or delist currently listed species.
- Develop, implement, and promote outreach and education programs for our constituents related to our protected species.
- Perform the full range of supervisory functions, to include: developing performance standards, planning and assigning work, providing or arranging for training needs and requests, and evaluating work performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
* Status Candidates - Current Federal employees with competitive status or Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Veterans under VEOA or 30% Disabled and certain Military Spouses;
* Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A);
* Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles;
* Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority.
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.