The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Learn more about this agency
This is a supervisory position; candidates must have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish the strategic goals and plans of the enterprise. A supervisor should have traits of leadership, positive thinking, genuine interest in people, initiative, decisiveness, tact and courtesy, fairness, integrity, teaching ability, and self-confidence. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
DUTIES: As a Supervisory General Supply Specialist, GS-2001-12, you will be responsible for the following duties
- Serves as a Branch Chief in the Product Data Management Division; plans, directs and supervises all functional phases of the Branch under the Product Data Management Program.
- Directs and manages the daily operations of a technical staff responsible for the acquisition, receipt, storage, enhancement, reproduction, distribution, and future management of all Product Data for DLA.
- Directs and manages the development of product data packages and the processing of supply chain workflows in support of the overall DLA acquisition process with procurement, order-fulfillment, and finance, to contribute to the accomplishment of agency goals.
- Manages and directs the work of the Branch; sets priorities, assigns work based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments and employee capabilities.
- Recommends, reviews, and analyzes systems, procedures, and policies to manage Branch operations, including its interaction with agency and military service support activities and repository counterparts.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent DLA Federal Employee (In Commuting Area). ICTAP (Must be in Commuting Area). Individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities are not required to be in commuting area: Individuals with Disabilities, 30% Disabled Vet or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/AOC%20Eligibility%20Definitions%2020140611.pdf
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.