Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The position is located at Dugway Proving Ground a remote & isolated installation approximately 50 minutes from Tooele, Utah and 90 minutes drive from Salt Lake City, Utah. USAG Dugway has a highly professional workforce providing support to an array of missions and organizations. Dugway offers various alternate work schedule opportunities with most of the workforce working 4 ten hour shifts Monday thru Thursday. DPG is physically remote, entirely self-sufficient with government housing available for civilians, an AAFES Exchange Outlet, Commissary, Community Club, Physical Fitness Center, Child Care, Youth Services and Tooele County K-12 school system on post. Employees choosing to live off post may use subsidized commuter van transport which operates to and from many of the major cities and towns throughout Utah. Within a day's drive are Utah's five national parks and many other attractions. Contact the Relocation Program Manager at email@example.com or 435-831-2321; DSN 789. For more information about Dugway's beautiful terrain and community go to our website http://www.dugway.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Learn more about this agency
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As the Chief of the Logistics Branch you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supervise government logisticians, supply specialists, supply technicians, and overseeing the work of contractors.
- Coordinate with the Contracting Officer, test support contractor, test officers, project chemists, biologists, engineers and scientists, contracting and supply officers and resource management personnel to ensure the base contract is adequately researched to support projected requirements.
- Serve as hand receipt holder for property accountability, conducting annual inventories and semi-annual reviews.
- Advising senior managers on all aspects of military logistics and supply disciplines for a large organization.
- Analyze, interpret, and evaluate current and proposed methods, policies, and procedures for acquisition processes performed in support of the West Desert Test Center operations.
Occasional travel - This position requires up to 10% business travel.