The position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), at VA· Maine in the Patient Care Services - Sterile Processing Service (SPS). The primary mission and responsibility of SPS is ensuring that all Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) utilized within VA Maine is properly handled, processed, assembled, disassembled, cleaned, and disinfected. Medical Supply Technicians carry out the majority of the processing, storage, assembly and disassembly, sterilization, and decontamination work and are supervised by the Assistant Chief, SPS.
Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am until 4:30pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Quality management, overall management of reprocessing activities, training, competency assessment, development of standard operating procedures based on manufacturer's instructions
- Enhances patient flow through the operating rooms and collaborates in succession planning for all areas of SPS and units where processing occurs
- Provides technical and administrative supervision to a unit of GS-0622, Medical Supply Technicians
- Oversees the daily operation of the unit, ensures that agency policies and priorities are being followed
- Assists with the development of performance standards; and evaluates work performance of subordinates
- Gives advice, counsel, and instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters
- Hears and resolves minor complaints from employees; refers group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager
- Interviews candidates for, positions in the unit; recommends appointments, promotions, and reassignment s to unit positions; identifies and provides for training needs; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.