The Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (MSA) will be at the San Francisco VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS). The Supervisory MSA position will be at Santa Rosa VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), located 3841 Brickway Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (MSA) is responsible for managing and supervising all the appointment management services of the clinics and supervises all Lead and Advanced Medical Support Assistants (MSAs). He/she collaborates with and has an extensive knowledge of all clinical services and programs, to include primary care, specialty care, mental health and ancillary services. The incumbent is flexible, multi-skilled and creative in solving everyday challenges unique to a remote site.
The Supervisory MSA assigns work and daily priorities to all Lead and Advanced MSAs and ensures the goals and mission of the Clinic and Health Care System are being met. S/he is responsible for all performance management functions related to Lead and Advanced MSAs, as well as work study students and volunteers providing support within his/her program.
The Supervisory MSA applies principles, methods and guidelines to evaluate administrative operations in order to determine best practices for organizing administrative work and flow of patients throughout the clinic. S/he must take into consideration the staff ratios and skill mixes needed to accomplish the work. Analysis results in recommendations for improvement and implementation of new systems and processes that are discussed with the rest of the management team for decisions regarding the efficiency of clinic operations. S/he performs duties related to the receipt, intake and indexing of health and administrative information. S/he will interface with personal computer (PC) applications as well as numerous VISTA applications.
Work Schedule: Tour of Duty can be 8 or 10 hour shift with possible Saturday Alignment.
Tour of Duty could start as early as 6:30 am and end as late as 8:00 pm.
Tour of Duty will be repeated. There are no shift changes.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Exempt.
Functional Statement / FS#: Supervisory Medical Support Assistant/000000, Hybrid Title 38 - covered by a functional statement.
Supervisory MSA will be responsible for the related duties below:
- Monitors and analyzes Automated Call Distribution (ACD) data to ensure timely phone access for patients and provides feedback and training to staff; identifies developmental and training needs for all staff operating on the ACD system.
- Disseminates new VA Directives and procedures that impact/relate to front desk and clinic operations and provides training to staff.
- Anticipates problems and develops systems and processes to ensure the goals and mission of the VA are able to be met.
- Establishes and manages clinic profiles for all clinics within the area of responsibility.
- Works with the Lead MSAs and supervisor to ensure the clinic stop code information corresponds with the DSS stop code identifiers on the clinic profiles.
- Collects data relevant to the clinic area of responsibility, activities and workload for report preparation and submissions.
- Provides support in the preparation of Clinical Programs projects, reports, surveys, evaluations, and graphs.
- Prepares and analyzes clinic access data from various sources, to include VISTA, VSSC and Clinic Practice Module, in order to provide reports and recommendations to supervisor and Clinic Leadership.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.