For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.
Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 18-NYS-10257933-MS
The position is located in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. The Criminal Division is comprised of 170 Assistant United States Attorneys each assigned to various units in the division. If selected, you will support the attorneys by serving as a Managing Clerk and a Paralegal Manager responsible for the work product generated by paralegal specialists in the Criminal Division and legal assistants in the Criminal Clerks Unit. Typical assignments will include.
- Overseeing and ensuring that adequate coverage and legal support is provided to over 170 attorneys.
- Managing 12 paralegal specialists and 24 contract paralegals.
- Managing 5 legal assistants in the Criminal Clerks unit.
- Evaluating the work of the staff, conducting performance reviews, and determining training needs.
- Hearing and resolving employee grievances, and taking appropriate action.
- Overseeing the entry of large amounts of detailed data concerning investigations and cases into the Department's case tracking system.
- Investigating and correcting gaps in data, and generating quality control reports.
- Advising attorneys and paralegals on the formalities required for certain types of filings.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.