The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Learn more about this agency
At DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) Disposition Services we are a high performing organization looking for exceptional leaders. Leaders who have high moral character, are results-driven, have excellent people skills, have a good understanding of business, and who know how to think strategically. Proven performers…leaders who have transformed a team or organization…people who like the challenge of creating a high-performing team through leadership and collaboration, contributing to the overall Mission.
We are flexible and adaptable with a tradition of responding to all challenges as opportunities. We are an agile Learning Organization where individuals are valued, cherished and nurtured, where we continuously improve processes and find better ways to serve America’s military services.
Join us today in protecting America’s Warfighter, the Environment and One Another!
This is a supervisory position; candidates must have demonstrated or shown the potential to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish the strategic goals and plans of the enterprise. A supervisor should have traits of leadership, positive thinking, genuine interest in people, initiative, decisiveness, tact and courtesy, fairness, integrity, teaching ability, and self-confidence. A supervisory probationary period may be required. Applicants should describe any experience or responsibilities which could be used in relation to the supervisory requirements of this position.
As a Supervisory Property Disposal Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Directs the operations of a DLA Disposition Services site and provides supervision over key personnel and/or DLA Disposition Services supervisors.
• Analyzes, plans, and affects best utilization and management of Disposition Services business operations and resources.
• Oversees the preparation of property for disposal in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations regarding storage, movement, and disposition with specific priority regarding hazardous material, environmental issues, and/or demilitarization.
• Submits annual budget and operating plan recommendations. Tracks and monitors operating budget, cost reduction programs, reutilization and profit projections.
• Leads efforts to resolve problems, improve processes and develop new techniques and procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent DoD Federal Employee. Military Spouse Preference Overseas, Family Member Preference, and ICTAP (Must be in Commuting Area). Individuals with Special Appointing Authorities (not required to be in the commuting area): Individuals with Disabilities, 30% Disabled Vet or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/AOC%20Eligibility%20Definitions%2020140611.pdf
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.