Serves as a Supervisory Realty Specialist in the Real Estate and Utilities Branch.
Office of Finance and Management (AFN), Regions and Property Operations (ARO), Aviation Logistics Organization (ALO), Western Service Area Property Management Division, Real Estate and Utilities Branch.
Learn more about this agency
This position is a Supervisory Realty Specialist and is responsible for planning, managing and directing the activities of the Real Estate and Utilities Group in one of the three Logistics Service Centers (LSCs). The incumbent has overall authority and responsibility for the administrative and technical direction of the group’s real property duties. The incumbent oversees personnel who execute service area programs and implement national and service area policy and procedures covering the acquisition of real property, space, and utility services (with the exception of telecommunication services). The incumbent also oversees personnel who manage and administer agreements leasing or granting use of Government-owned real property for utility services agreements. With the aid of subordinate supervisors and team leaders, the incumbent has managerial responsibility over the Realty staff and as such, seeks to promote teamwork and an improved business practice through innovative approaches, methodologies, and techniques. The incumbent is delegated signature authority to sign official correspondence. The incumbent’s primary contact is with subordinates, peers, and higher-level managers in the organizational unit or major subdivision. The incumbent must be prepared to address potentially adversarial and controversial situations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs organizational planning and financial management:
- Plans and revises work schedules to meet targets and deadlines.
- Plans for and projects short and long-term needs, reallocating resources as necessary.
- Formulates and issues, in conjunction with other Acquisition Group managers, written policies and procedures.
Through subordinate supervisors and team leaders, supervises employees and serves as the technical authority on the functions performed by the organization:
- Assigns work to subordinates based on the complexity of assignments and the employees’ qualifications.
- Reviews work of subordinates.
- Informs subordinates of management goals and objectives while keeping higher level supervisor informed of employees’ participation and concerns.
- Manages assigned budget and contributes to budget planning process.
- In conjunction with other group managers, prepares performance standards, evaluates subordinate supervisors, and reviews performance evaluations prepared by subordinate supervisors.
Performs the following Personnel Management functions:
- Interviews and selects non-supervisory candidates.
- Interviews and recommends candidates to the selecting official which is generally the next higher level supervisor.
- Oversees attendance and approves leave requests.
- Responds to formal complaints and grievances.
- Gives warnings, effects informal disciplinary actions, initiates formal disciplinary actions, and effects approved formal disciplinary actions initiated by subordinate supervisors.
- Directs on-the-job training and initiates requests for training.
- Trains, coaches and develops employees on work procedures and processes.
Advises Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) senior managers, serves on ad-hoc management groups, and personally performs special projects:
- Participates in strategic planning and developing solutions for the FAA, including the development of the functional area Business Plan and the FAA Strategic Initiatives.
- In conjunction with other group managers, develops and approves standard operating procedures.
- Serves on ad-hoc task or work groups established to develop work plans, execute organizational changes, and similar initiatives.
Responds, when necessary, to complex oral and written inquiries including Congressional and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, bid protests, claims against the government, and similar inquiries.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current or Former Federal Employees & EVHO - Current, Former and EVHO eligible applicants may be considered for this position.
for definition of EVHO.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.