This position is located at:
Learn more about this agency
Washington Navy Yard
1240 Isaac Hull Avenue
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20376
Naval Reactors Mission:
Provide the Nation with safe, effective, and affordable nuclear propulsion plants and ensure their continued safe and reliable operation through lifetime support, research and development, design, construction, specification, certification, testing, maintenance, and ultimate disposal.
National Nuclear Security Administration Demonstration Project
This position is covered by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Demonstration Project. The NQ-04 pay band is equivalent to the GS-15 grade levels. This position is at the full performance level.
For more information on the NNSA Demonstration Project and Pay Band/Salary Tables, contact the HR Consultant listed on this vacancy announcement.
A relocation or recruitment incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
As a Supervisory Security Specialist, you will:
- Manage an overall technical program from a headquarters perspective that encompasses personnel security, cyber security, industrial security, physical security, and the protection of classified and controlled unclassified information.
- Make decisions on planning, project managing, and tracking various projects, including establishing priorities to ensure effective application of limited resources and timely resolution of safeguards and security problems.
- Provide oversight for the development, justification, defense, and execution of the security and safeguards budget, which includes budget for both Department of Energy and Department of Navy.
- Generate new program technical security management and administrative principles, develop original security concepts, and plan and evaluate extensive long-range security programs and projects.
- Assist in maintaining and coordinating a classification guidance system.
- Evaluate and manage activities in the areas of physical, information, cyber, personnel, and industrial security.
- Develop and implement new program policies for the safeguarding of sensitive and classified information at all sites performing nuclear directorate work, including commercial vendors.
25% or less - Travel averages at least one week per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
•Merit Promotion Eligibles
•Current Federal Employees (with Competitive Status)
•Current Federal Employees eligible under an Interchange Agreement
•Former Federal Employees Eligible for Reinstatement
•CTAP / ICTAP
•Veterans eligible for VRA, VEOA
•30% Disabled Veterans
•Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A)
•Certain Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.