The Community Housing and Outreach Services (CHOS) has an immediate opening for a Social Worker Supervisor. The CHOS Social Work Supervisor is the key point of contact between VA Puget Sound and a wide variety of community partners including public housing authorities, local Continuums of Care, and other agencies providing services to homeless Veterans. The CHOS Social Work Supervisor provides oversight and supervision to a multidisciplinary team of providers in the South Puget Sound catchment area of VA Puget Sound Health Care System. Supervised staff may include, but are not limited to, the following programs: HUD/VASH, Grant and Per Diem (GPD), Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO), Community Employment Coordinators (CEC), and Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV).
The CHOS Social Work Supervisor will have advanced practice skills and judgment to perform the duties of the position to include but are not limited to:
- Directly supervising a group of employees
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the administrative, operational, and patient activities
- Performs administrative and personnel management functions relative to staff supervise
- Coordinating with other Veteran service providers
- Responsible for the fund control points assigned to the program
- Performance improvement
- Implementation of all directives related to the CHOS
- Manages and controls the use of data related to the program regarding day to day functioning and program evaluation
- Other duties as assigned.
The best qualified applicants will have specialized experience directly related to CARF accreditation, writing policies and procedures and managing quality improvement activities, coordinating grants and managing contracts, leading systems re-design projects and experience with continuums of care and providing support to community homeless coalitions.
1. Veterans will receive first consideration.
2. Recruitment/Relocation incentive will not be authorized.
3. Applicants must possess an independent license.
4. Driver's License will be verified upon selection.