America's Combat Logistics Support Agency: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Learn more about this agency
By joining Defense Logistics Agency Distribution you will be a part of the team that is the leading provider of global distribution support to America's military. Whether you work at the DLA Distribution Headquarters in New Cumberland, Pa. or at one of our 24 distribution centers around the globe, your work will ensure that DLA Distribution offers the right solution, on time, every time through a broad range of services to include storage, distribution, customized kits, specialized packaging and world-wide transportation support. DLA Distribution makes a difference every day by providing effective, efficient and best value support to our customers which include the United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force as well as other government agencies.
As a Supply Technician, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as a quasi-supervisor
- Utilizes computer system to prepare, identify and resolve discrepancies through system generated reports
- Determines the causes of discrepancies and makes or coordinates appropriate adjustments to correct inventory records and documents
- Researches item histories through receipts, shipments, stock condition, classification or reclassification
- Schedules and coordinates carrier pick up or delivery as appropriate
- Communicates with other organizational stock and inventory managers to determine course of action to resolve discrepancies
- Applies a variety of packing methods and techniques
- Analyzes planning and workload data
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.