Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a Training Analyst (Computer Based Training) position at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, Texas.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
About Fort Bliss: Fort Bliss supports over 30,000 troops, and has undergone the largest post expansion in the Army. It is the home of the 1st Armored Division, FORSCOM deployable units, and has a full scope of base support elements. It is home to the U.S. Army Sergeant's Major Academy, William Beaumont Army Hospital, 32nd Army Air and Missile Defense Command, Brigade Modernization Command, and Joint Task Force North. Ft Bliss plays a vital role in America's largest city on a U.S. International Border, El Paso, Texas. El Paso's climate is dry/sunny with mild winters and warm summers. Web Site: www.bliss.army.mil
Learn more about this agency
As a Training Analyst (Computer Based Training) your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide computer based training, specifically, Interactive Multimedia Instructional (IMI) products.
- Develop and evaluate Web-based, distributed learning products by applying information technology, programming standards, and system testing within a learning management system environment using computer program languages and web technologies.
- Create and design graphics, animations, and interactive objects to produce successful images that tell a story, inform or educate an audience, or record an event.
- Use systems approach to training to develop performance-based training programs and coordinate with training developers, instructional system specialist, and instructors in developing final interactive multimedia instruction, web based training and computer based training products.
- Identify the need to investigate and resolve problems with software and hardware interoperability that impact system performance.
Occasional travel - May require occasional travel for training purposes