Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located at USAG Humphreys, in the Pyongtaek metropolitan areas in the Republic of Korea. USAG-Humphreys is an hour and a half drive south of Seoul, 40 minutes south of Osan Air Base, and 15 minutes from the city of Pyongtaek. USAG Humphreys is not far from night life, restaurants, and shopping. The Humphreys Exchange and Commissary, Food Court and Restaurants offer typical American amenities. Many US employees generally choose to live in town right outside the gate, in the City of Pyongtaek, or in the area surrounding Osan Air Base.
Working in Korea offers an opportunity to work closely with Korean National employees and experience the culture first hand. For additional information, visit Life in Korea
Information and USAG Humphreys
This position is located at US Army Training Support Activity - Korea, Training Support Center (TSC) - South, Area III, APO AP 96271, Camp Humphreys
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Training Specialist you will:
- Serve as Water Survival Training Center (WSTC) Coordinator.
- Plan the execution and managing all survival training for 8th Army.
- Coordinate and schedule training for all 8th Army aviation and assigned supported units.
- Maintain and manage the TSAK Water Survival Training Facility and the Water Survival Team (WST) Dive Instructors.
- Maintain all WSTC aquatic, Class VIII equipment and supplies. Inclusive of the WSTC equipment are the operation and maintenance of the Shallow Water Egress Trainer (SWET), the Modular Egress Training Stimulator (METS), the Compressor and Filling Stations for aquatic equipment.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and manager of the Water Survival Team (WST).
- Plan and brief visiting dignitaries.
- Develop and implement the annual training plan for the 8th Army's Water Survival program.
- Provide oversight and training per unit Mission Essential Training List (METL) requirements on the training and qualification of Unit Water Survival Instructors.
- Provide oversight on the training of approximately over 400 aviators and soldiers per annum.
- Instruct and demonstrate the use of aviation emergency equipment to include; Egress procedures on the Shallow Water Egress Trainer (SWET), the Modular Egress Training Stimulator (METS), and the Helicopter Emergency Egress Device (HEEDS).
- Provide instruction on personnel water extraction techniques.
- Evaluate and administer academic course subject matter material.
- Function as manager for the Water Survival Team (WST) during all phases of water survival instruction.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is required up to 5 percent.