Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
09/11/2019 to 10/07/2019
Pay scale & grade
GS 4 - 6
$30,344 to $49,200 per year
Permanent - Excepted Service Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified Missouri traditional guard members and those eligible for enlistment, appointment or transfer into the Missouri Army National Guard.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-1702-04/05/06 TRAINING TECHNICIAN (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1096000 in SPMD 2140and is part of the MO HHD JFHQ MO.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to subordinate elements and other staff sections in planning, acquiring, preparing, conducting, and documenting individual and collective training.
- Devises and implements military training plans, guidelines and procedures, reports and assessments for the unit and individuals assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of training directives, operations orders, deployment plans, and readiness reports.
- Assists with command readiness inspections. Conducts evaluations of subordinate training operations, security, safety, and deployment readiness planning.
- Assists in preparing training schedules, circulars, and yearly training plans. Prepares for monthly unit training meetings.
- Prepares automated requests for orders. Completes training expenditure forecasts.
- Develops the unit Mission Essential Task List (METL) and provided input for the yearly training plan.
- Assists in preparing plans for full or partial deployment.
- Assists with forecasting individual training requirements and coordinating with higher headquarters to obtain school training quotas.
- Assists in consolidating the training portion of the organizational readiness report.
- Assembles and maintains statistics on weapons qualification, crew qualifications/table certifications, Army Physical Fitness Test, weight control, Common Task Testing, Military Occupational Skill Qualification and other critical data.
- Assists in the preparation of yearly training budget requirements.
- Requests, allocates, and monitors the usage of training ammunition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Management has the right to convert this position to permanent status without re-advertising.
- In the event a permanent (Tenure 1 or 2) employee is selected, and is willing to accept the indefinite appointment, that employee will relinquish permanent status.
- Employment can be terminated with a 30 day notice.
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Army National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at (573) 638-9500 extension 37647 for questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Pre-placement or baseline physical are required for newly hired or appointed Wage Grade personnel who may be potentially exposed to health hazards in the work environment.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-GO-GUARD (1-800-464-8273) prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be MOS qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Maximum Military Grade - SSG (E-6)
Minimum Military Grade - SPC (E-4)
Enlisted - CMF 42 or 92; or predominate MOS of the organization
Supervisor must verify that selected individual occupies a compatible military position. Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience, education or training that demonstrates your ability to follow directions and to read, understand, and retain a variety of instructions, regulations, and procedures; and ability to perform or learn to perform the duties of the position.
GS-06 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 9 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to conduct or develop education and training programs; perform audio-visual presentations, educational tests and measurements, and instructing techniques; schedule training events and facilities; and provide support with assistance visits and training meetings.
GS-05 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 6 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to conduct or develop education and training programs; perform audio-visual presentations, educational tests and measurements, and instructing techniques; schedule training events and facilities; and provide support with assistance visits and training meetings.
GS-04 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess 3 months of specialized experience that demonstrates your ability to perform administrative and clerical duties; assemble data into proper format as directed by oral or written instructions; and maintain records and establish filing systems.
This position may be filled at the GS-04 or GS-05 trainee grade or the target grade of GS-06. An applicant who is selected at one of the trainee grades will have potential for promotion to the target grade of GS-06 without further competition. Promotion to full operating/journeyman level will be made after qualifications and eligibility requirements have been met and the incumbent is performing at the higher level in a satisfactory manner.
High school or general equivalent degree is mandatory. An undergraduate academic degree, with courses in education, English grammar and composition, speech, psychology, guidance, and sociology; or, social and behavioral sciences, is desirable.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
- Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
- Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
- Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
- Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
2. If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10601382
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance