You will serve as a Vehicle Safety Outreach Specialist within the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)under the guidance of the Program Support Division Chief. With direct supervision, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all office outreach activities. This includes, but is not limited to the development and management of an office strategic outreach plan, an annual outreach budget, identification, scheduling, and organizing events, staffing and coordinating event staffing, and managing promotional materials.
Learn more about this agency
Ideal Candidate Statement: The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree or higher in the fields related to Vehicle Safety Outreach. Experience in the development of a strategic outreach plan and making decisions expeditiously. Conducted programs independently and effectively with decisive conclusions and resolutions of issues. Recognized for leadership in developing techniques for improving the effectiveness of outreach activities. Ability to write grammatically correct and capable to articulate on presentations in front of dignitaries, leaderships and peers.
NHTSA is a Local 3313 Bargaining Unit Agency.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.
As a Vehicle Safety Outreach Specialist, you will:
- Coordinate with leadership and develop strategic outreach plans and arranges all office outreach activities within the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI). Plan and manage annual outreach budget.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to increase recall completion rates and higher quality defect reporting to ODI.
- Act as ODI point of contact with NHTSA’s Office of Communications and Consumer Information (OCCI) for promotional materials and events booths.
- Identify, coordinate, budget and register for events annually based on strategic plan and office priorities.
- Serve as the principal advisor and consultant to the Director on all ODI affairs. Represent and act for the Program Support Division Chief and ODI.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Current/former eligible employees and VEOA eligible veterans are encouraged to also apply to: NHTSA.NEF-2018-0020.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.