The selectee for this position will serve as an Aircraft Electrician in the Vertical Lift Strategic Business Unit, Code 91000 of FLEET READINESS CENTER SOUTHWEST. Aircraft Electrician receives formal and informal training in the area concurrent certification in preparation for certification and progression to the target, WG-11, job; performs journey-level duties as follows: Disassemble, assemble, modify, overhaul, prototype, and repair of aircraft electrical systems; Install, connect electrical components; Operate ground support and prescribed test equipment; perform overhaul and repair tasks on systems that contain interrelated components and parts.
Learn more about this agency
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Disassemble, assemble, modify, overhaul, prototype and repair aircraft electrical systems.
- Installs, connects, electrical components, including black boxes, avionics gear, motors, generators, converters, relays, switches, circuit breakers and relay panels.
- Install, repair and replace various electrical wiring, harnesses, coax cable and connectors throughout the aircraft.
- Operate ground support and prescribed test equipment.
- Diagnose trouble revealed by inspections and test, determine extent of adjustment and repair necessary, and makes the repairs.