This position is located in the Air Commander's Office. The purpose of the position is to provide technical and administrative assistance for programs within the Air Commander's area of responsibility. This support is provided to the Air Commander, Vice Commander, and Chief of Staff or Community Manager.
(1) Assists in managing the Internal Management Control Program (IMPC). Gathers and organizes IMCP material, establishes a suspense system, drafts the annual wing plan, and provides accurate information regarding changes in the program and in the status of the IMCP submission by managers. Coaches managers, identifies trends, and develops analysis tools using data from the reports. Advises of systematic strengths and weaknesses. Drafts reports for Air Commander's approval and submission to the Adjutant General, United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), Air Force Audit Agency (AFAA), and National Guard Bureau (NGB).
(2) Assists the Commander, Vice Commander and Wing Inspector General with planning and coordination of the Command Inspection program. Assists in the development of inspection schedules; coordination of timetables with staff directorates and major commands; development of areas of inspection through analysis of prior inspection reports and identification of previous problem areas. Reviews after action reports submitted by units to help identify ongoing problem areas. Coordinates review of reports with the Inspector General when requested.
(3) Oversees the Officer Evaluation Program. Monitors suspense dates for submission of Officer Performance Reports (OPR's) to the Vice Commander and Wing Executive Officer. Reviews OPR's for accuracy prior to signature by the command element. Coordinates extension of established suspense dates with the Military Personnel Section. Provides the Air Commander with status of all OPR's and provides assistance to subordinate units when necessary.
(4) Assists in the development of policy letters which may require researching applicable directives from higher authority, to ensure conflict will not result from issuance of new policy. Coordinates draft policy with other staff directorates prior to submission for final review and approval.
(5) When assigned by the Air Commander, supports unit personnel in their computer needs by answering routine questions and bringing issues and problems to the attention of Information Management personnel. Documents problems and records trends. Obtains assistance from Workgroup Manager (WGM) to explain complex network concepts. Installs or requests assistance to install and configure application software to run on stand-alone computers or networked systems. Maintains automated configuration control files and registers software to the installation. Requests installation and maintenance of microcomputers, printers and peripheral equipment. Performs limited maintenance and trouble shooting or obtains assistance of WGM to resolve hardware problems. Briefs new personnel on computer operations and performs demonstrations as required.
(6) Maintains and administers multiple support budgets for the Air Commander's Office. Maintains all files and records. Receives, inputs, monitors, and records all expenditures. Receives, obligates and disperses funds for accounts. Reconciles and audits accounts. Prepares and submits required reports. Resolves problems, issues, and conflicts within the budgets. Sets up controls to monitor expenses during the year and recommends budget adjustments.
(7) Processes orders for the section, to include preparation, publication, distribution and tracking of civilian and military travel orders; annual training, special training, and other orders, to include special authorizations. Reconciles the orders process with the workday accounting program to ensure validation of orders requirements to include workday management. All transactions are tracked and recorded for reconciliation and audit. Prepares and submits required budget reports.
*The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.