***This vacancy is open all US Citizens**
The certificate of eligibles is valid for 90 days after issuance.
ADVANCED MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
- Serves as an Advanced Medical Support Assistant and provides clerical and administrative support for Primary Care Service. Monitors the status and progress of work, and makes day-to-day adjustments in accordance with established priorities, obtaining assistance from the supervisor on problems that may arise. Gives on-the-job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices. Provides information via telephone and in person to the general public, members of the professional staff, civilian, and military personnel in response to inquiries regarding appointments. Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model.
Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Intermittent
On Call: Yes
Required to Work Holidays or Weekends: Varies
Fair Labor Standards Acts (FLSA): Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Functional Statement Title/#: Advanced Medical Support Assistant
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Some of the duties include, but are not limited to
- Coordinates with the team to review clinic utilization using various reports, ensures that the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support the needs of the clinic, and makes necessary adjustments.
- Participates in team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care: sets priorities and deadlines, adjusts the flow and sequence of work to meet team and patient needs: works with the team to reinforce the plan of care and self-help solutions.
- Participates in problem solving. Provides input on operational issues or procedures in team meetings; participates in and independently follows up on team huddles by sharing information and collaborating with the medical team to assure continuity of care: informs and educates providers about shared patients (those receiving care at multiple VA locations or in the community); contacts patients to coordinate follow-up care.
- Enters, manipulates, and retrieves information and data from Vista and other clinical information systems as appropriate to area assigned.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments for patients with various clinics, ensuring all treatment requested by the physician has been scheduled, and rescheduling appointments when necessary.
- Explains necessary test preparations to patients.
- Obtains and reviews medical records of patients prior to scheduled appointments.
- Maintains all patients' records, either electronic or paper, according to regulation ensuring each entry contains proper patient and health care provider identification.