THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-2892-11 AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number D1549000 in FAC 22B100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a bargaining position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical functions of subsystems.
- Interprets analog and digital operational and output characteristics and results from the Maintenance Annunciation Panel (MAP), onboard computers, aircrew debriefings and specialized test equipment.
- Removes, repairs, calibrates, installs, aligns, inspects, and conducts operational performance checkouts on the components of the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Diagnoses circuit operating characteristics using on-board computer, special test equipment and laptop computers to isolates problems to the failing component.
- Removes and replaces components or assemblies down to the lowest level authorized by depot.
- Performs recurring inspections and system tests of the life support and the electronic/electrical and environmental system to certify aircraft are ready for flight.
- Modifies and updates electrical and environmental support equipment according to applicable technical publications.
- Maintains and operates various types of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, diagnostic computers, digital and analog multi-meters, constant speed drive test stands, voltmeters, ammeters, etc.
- Performs precise and advanced wiring maintenance procedures on aircraft.
- Utilizes computer data and specialized test equipment to interpret equipment analog/digital operational characteristics to isolate malfunctions in the appropriate sub-systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.