THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2181-13 AIRCRAFT FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR, Position Description Number D0646000 in SPMD 4142 and is part of the MO Army Aviation Support Facility Ft Leonard Wood.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Plans and implements flight training and instruction for rated pilots and instructor pilots in accordance with the individual needs.
- Trains, instructs and evaluates pilots in operating aircraft using advanced instruments flight techniques.
- Instructs pilots in methods of instruction and evaluates instructor pilots? proficiency to engage in flight instruction. Instructs pilots in operating advanced attack helicopters or heavy multiengine advanced transport helicopters.
- Conducts training flights involving operating an aircraft through reference to instruments and use of automatic direction finding equipment.
- Conducts refresher, mission and continuation combat training in advance attack helicopters involving aggressor and defensive maneuvers and aerial gunnery practice with heavy ordinance.
- Trains and instructs pilots in the operation of heavy multi-engine transport helicopters to transport equipment and personnel in combat situations.
- Trains pilots in the full range of aircraft maneuvers required in combat situations.
- Provides instruction in emergency procedures such as loss of propulsion, directional control or related systems.
- Performs flights in all-weather/environmental conditions, day and night, and using night vision devices.
- Prepares and presents related classroom instruction. Recommends whether pilots remain in flight status.
- Conducts refresher, mission and continuation training in light fixed wing or utility and observer helicopters.
- Trains pilots in basic and advanced techniques required to support the pilot's unit mission.
- Conducts training flights involving a substantial degree of hazard such as training helicopter pilots in advanced flight techniques required in combat situations.
- Conducts training flights involving a substantial degree of hazard such as training helicopter pilots in tactical flying at night in all weather conditions and with the use of night vision devices.
- Conducts training flights involving a substantial degree of hazard such as training helicopter pilots in flight maneuvers which take advantage of the terrain, low level flight, short field takeoffs and landings flying in formation.
- Conducts training flights involving a substantial degree of hazard such as training helicopter pilots in evasive maneuvers and emergency procedures involving engine failures and malfunctions of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Performs maintenance test flights of aircraft following repair or maintenance.
- Advises and represents the Commander on all matters concerning aviation/ground safety related to the facility.
- Develops, maintains and rehearses the current accident and pre-accident prevention plans for the aviation facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.