THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-8852-10 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0483000 in SPMD 4621 and is part of the MO Army Aviation Support Facility Whiteman AFB.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
WHO MAY APPLY: All qualified Missouri traditional guard members and those eligible for enlistment, appointment or transfer into the Missouri Army National Guard.
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft.
- Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft.
- Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft systems, assemblies, and surfaces. Installs, aligns, and makes needed adjustments to major components and assemblies.
- Conducts ground functional tests of all aircraft systems.
- Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft, performs inspections prior to takeoff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.