Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
04/08/2021 to 04/23/2021
Pay scale & grade
$72,500 to $85,000 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents World Wide. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, except for the host country of Germany. (Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Europe, Kaiserslautern, Germany.
- Responsible for budget planning, execution, oversight of US Civilian and Local National Personnel (includes supporting Government of Japan or the German Works Council and DoD-directed training, Inspector General and Equal Opportunity programs).
- Implements and monitors the internal control program to preclude fraud, waste and abuse while coordinating staff activities and developing/implementing operations polices, practices and procedures.
- Provides recommendations and expertise during the establishment or review of agency policy, and determines effectiveness in one or more critical and high priority program areas by assessing and reviewing program elements for improvement.
- Defines, institutes and directs changes within internal business program goals, objectives, operational policies to improve services, increase efficiency, resolve operational and personnel issues, reduce operating costs, and produce maximum revenue.
- Directs operational and support activities as designated. Resolves inter-departmental and/or operational problems and ensures operations remain consistent, reliable and sustainable. Performs a full range of program management and supervisory duties.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier III background investigation.
- This position requires world-wide travel to include travel to hazardous duty locations.
- In consideration of COVID-19, personnel within this area routinely wear personal protective equipment (cloth face coverings, latex gloves, and face shields) while performing their regular duties.
- Must submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, IAW DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 30 August 1993.
At least one year of work experience at a news or media organization equivalent to the next lower level indicating the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the work of the position.
Managerial experience must have been in a major business operation; managing a team/supervising a staff of five or more.
Experience working with a diverse, international staff to conduct operations in multiple cultures and wide-ranging geographical areas.
Working knowledge of MS Office, Citrix and Oracle applications.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12PM on04/23/2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- LQA is authorized.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view kit, click this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf). (If URL does not work, copy and paste the URL into browser).
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11084154. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance