Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
10/11/2019 to 12/31/2019
Pay scale & grade
$12.55 to $15.51 per hour
Rate of pay is determined based on the education and experience as identified in the qualifications for our 3 levels (Entry/Skill/Target).
Many vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open to US and Non US Citizens.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur based on the date of application.
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in a Child and Youth Services program and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below.
For Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
At minimum a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application. In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM 9CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/army_NAF_childcare_position_applicant_info_kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Mother of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Required documents for each consideration category can be found in the applicant information kit, point of contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement if you have any questions about these consideration groups or documents. You are also welcome to reach out to confirm receipt of the required documents when making your application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
IMPORTANT: Applicants that make a claim for Current/Former NAF Employee(CNE/FNE) or Current Appropriated Funds (CAE) employee will not be given Outside Applicant Veteran priority consideration even if we are unable to validate the claim for CNE/FNE/CAE due to missing or incomplete documents at the time of application.
By claiming the CNE/FNE/CAE you are self certifying that you are not eligible for the Outside applicant consideration for a Veteran.
CNE/FNE/CAE consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the prioirity consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically: (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance