Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
01/13/2021 to 04/05/2021
Pay scale & grade
$14.57 to $21.96 per hour
Rate of pay is determined based on the education and experience as identified in the qualifications for our 3 levels (Entry/Skill/Target).
Multiple Appointment Types
Multiple Schedules - Positions could be Flexible, Regular Part Time, or Regular Full Time
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open to US and Non US Citizens.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Wainwright and surrounding areas within 150 miles of the installation. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be used to fill positions at Child Development Centers, School Age Center and Youth Center on Fort Wainwright, AK.
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant in a Child and Youth Services program and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel to on and off base locations for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be at least 18 years old or a 17 year old dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Meet Qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual (or transition ) training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Complete and signed DA 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need.
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
For Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
At minimum a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.
Additional information in regards to the education requirement can be found in the Applicant Information Kit.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form (please refer to VIN 11007190). All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are NOT authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
Incumbent is entitled to 2.86% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) (subject to change without notice).
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit.
Copy and paste this URL to view kit:https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur based on the date of application.
Conditions of employment have been updated to reflect the ability for 17 year old dependents to apply.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Spouse Employment Preference
- Involuntarily Separated from the Military
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Required documents for each consideration category can be found in the applicant information kit, point of contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement if applicants have any questions about these consideration groups or documents. Applicants are also welcome to reach out to
confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit (URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE. All documents must be in English or have a translated copy provided.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- HS Diploma/GED, High School Transcripts (indicating a graduation date), College Diploma, or College transcripts
- DA 3434 or equivalent
- References or letters of recommendations
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. Electronically: (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)11007190
2. Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your resume supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualification and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.
We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance