These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used when under a Temporary Appointment.
Learn more about this agency
*If you are Army employee who does NOT have current competitive status return placement to your permanent position cannot be guaranteed upon the end of your deployment tour. USACE will not be responsible for placement once your deployment tour ends.
- Responsible for the review of plans and designs, and original design development, for structural engineering features of a multi-million dollar construction program being carried out in several foreign countries.
- Has full and final responsibility for the technical adequacy and accuracy of all structural designs reviewed.
- Program includes designs for self-contained military installations and special requirements facilities.
- Design, performed in-house and by a number of Architect-Engineer (A-E) firms, is for several different using Governments with varying requirements for each.
- Applies perception and analysis in depth, of the variety of interrelated and conflicting conditions present in such projects, and judgment in selecting optimum design approaches from a technical and economic standpoint.
- Serves as a technically responsible specialist of the Division, in the field of structural engineering, and as such, is called upon for opinions and advice on any matter within or touching on this field.
- Represents the Division Engineer, in connection with all matters relative to his specialty, to present and explain controlling policies, objectives, and need to AE firms, using Government representatives and higher authority.