Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
US Citizens and Eligible Non US Citizens in local commuting area.
Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information.
Learn more about this agency
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for two (2) professional AND two (2) personal references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying.
This position is located at the McConnell AFB Veterinary Treatment Facility.
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the clinic, determines the nature of call or visit, obtains identifying information, and verifies the patient's eligibility for treatment. Schedules appointments for eligible patrons.
- Updates the existing medical file or collects sufficient information to prepare new file. Provides concise accurate information to veterinary care provider on nature of the visit.
- Receives payments for services rendered. Balances cash and checks daily and makes daily bank deposit.
- Monitors and replenishes inventory.
- Maintains reception and exam rooms to ensure cleanliness. Spot cleans if necessary.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
- Valid social security card and photo ID are required prior to entrance on duty.
- Successful completion of all mandated immunizations.
- Ability to communicate orally and deal effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Suite or equivalent, ability to use point of sales software.
- Basic arithmetic expertise to balance cash draw, accept payments and provide change accurately.
- Typing proficiency - 40WPM.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE OUTLINED IN PD #20149
The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf).
- NOTE TO APPLICANT: Below defines theemployment category for this position:
- Flexible/Intermittent (00 guaranteed hours per week however may be scheduled to work between 0-40 hours per week based on mission needs).
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Highly Preferred Criteria, and Integrity Certification.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (e.g. Military Spouse Preference, Involuntarily Separated Military Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433
) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent
- Marriage Certificate (Military Spouse)
- TA Stamp Card
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance