Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
Learn more about this agency
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About this Position:
The Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Perform various contract administration functions, including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, maintaining database integrity, determining eligibility, and verifying evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing, and solving problems relating to assigned contracts.
- Review new contracts to assure all necessary clauses have been included.
- Monitor contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with the buying office on contractor's requests for waivers or deviations from contract terms.
- Review requests and meets with the contractor to assure understanding of the requirements.
- Perform final closeout of assigned contracts; e.g., assures delivery, inspection and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10% of the time.