Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
07/12/2018 to 07/25/2018
$66,386 to $86,305 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs various contract administration functions, including monitoring canceled funds, performing reconciliation, conducting contract closeouts, and maintaining database integrity.
- Verifies evidence of contractor progress for approval of contract financing and solving problems relating to assigned contracts.
- Reviews new contracts to assure all necessary clauses have been included. Contacts the responsible buying activity to resolve discrepancies such as missing or inconsistent provisions.
- Meets with the contractor and/or participates with the Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) in post-award conferences with government and contractor personnel to clarify issues or resolve contractual problems.
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Advises contractor as to scope of work statements, shipping requirements, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) requirements for clearances of subcontractors, and other issues regarding the meaning of terms and conditions.
- Participates in negotiations of forward pricing rates and final overhead rates.
- Assists the ACO by coordinating with functional specialists responsible for conducting accounting, compensation, purchasing, property, and other business systems reviews.
- Performs final closeout of assigned contracts; e.g., assures delivery, inspection and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract.
- Resolves delivery schedule problems with contractor and buying activity, and negotiates delivery schedule changes.
- Reviews contractor proposals and determines the extent of price or cost analysis and technical analysis required.
- Plans and carries out the contract administration functions required, and uses judgment in selecting methods and techniques for accomplishing assignments within the scope of established guidelines and precedents.
- Completes written documentation for review and signature by the ACO. Assures that appropriate factors have been considered, that the analysis is sound, and that the completed work complies with established procurement policies and procedures.
- During Deployment: Serves as a warranted Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) responsible for:
- The administration of a group of contracts such as fixed-price; fixed-price with incentives; cost-plus fixed fee; basic ordering agreements; commercial contracts; and hybrid contracts containing a mixture of types and provisions.
- Contracts are for complex equipment components and spares for major systems, engineering and scientific studies, extensive technical services or research and development for specialized equipment or components.
- Contractor performance, systems, policies, and procedures are monitored and evaluated in accordance with contract requirements.
- Performs analysis and uses risk management techniques to establish a plan for monitoring contract performance and to provide appropriate insight into selected contractor systems or procedures.
- Negotiates prices and executes supplemental agreements for services, spare parts, provisioned items, and repairs.
- Conducts initial conferences with the contractor to provide information and clarify standard and special provisions of the contract.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 50% of the time.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent