About the Position:
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Eskan Village, a joint military SAO community. The installation (secure compound) is a unique setting that supports military, civilians, local hires and a limited expatriate community. The weather can be hot and dry with extreme heat in the summer months and mild winters. Dust storms may occur at any time. For information about our organization, visit our public website at .
- Serves as a Contract Specialist responsible for the full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluating proposals, contract negotiations, execution and administration for complex and technical supplies, services and/or construction contracts in support of OPM-SANG Contracting Division.
- The incumbent may be serve as a trainer to other Contract Specialists.
- Performs acquisition planning along with the program manager/customer, technical, legal, finance and contract pricing personnel to develop market research, acquisition strategy, milestones, evaluation/source selection criteria, and/or incentive or award fee provisions, as applicable.
- Provides assistance in the development of contractually acceptable specifications, work statements and quality assurance criteria.
- Provides sound business advice in the planning and execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
- Applies knowledge and utilization of both efficient procurement processes and good business management to ensure timely delivery of goods and services to the customer.
- Utilizes innovation for strategic decision-making in the acquisition process.
- Formulates the contracting approach to be taken that will best satisfy the requirement. Determines the type of contract best suited to the requirement, develops by special clauses and terms and conditions applicable to this solicitation.
- Develops the procurement plan encompassing issues such as funding the results of market analysis in regards to resources, delivery requirements and/or government furnished property.
- Utilizes a Federal contracting or procurement system to process solicitations, awards and/or modifications.
- Performs cost and price analysis for all negotiations to determine fair and reasonableness of price and establish the negotiation position.
- Throughout the life of the supply, service and construction contracts, maintains liaison with the contractor to interpret contractual obligations and to resolve problems.
- Negotiate the contract, any modifications and recommend acceptance or rejection of waivers and/or deviations.
- Terminates contracts for default or convenience and negotiates settlements. Issues cure and show cause notices when the contractor is not in compliance with contract provisions
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required up to 5% of the time