Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
02/24/2021 to 04/21/2021
Pay scale & grade
$11.64 to $11.64 per hour
Permanent - FIRST CUT-OFF DATE: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 (cut-offs every 2 weeks)
Intermittent - Flexible
1 vacancy in the following location:
To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations. To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Harbor View Club at Commander, Fleet Activities Sasebo offers full-service breakfast, lunch and dinner, made-to-order bagel and deli sandwiches, desserts, salads, and beverages, as well as a game room, cash cage, weekly special events, and catering services.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a full range of simple cooking tasks by preparing and cooking items requiring little or no processing such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares all forms of hot cereals; broils meats; prepares and cooks concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, and gravies; and makes cold sandwich fillings.
- Prepares convenience items such as frozen hash browns, fish fillets, and chicken nuggets.
- May prepare and bake pizza.
- Prepares foods by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, and breading.
- Weighs, measures, and dispenses foods in accordance with portion controls.
- Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes.
- Sets up and replenishes salad bar.
- Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established procedures.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work areas.
- Maintains accurate food inventories and rotates stock items to prevent spoilage.
Conditions Of Employment
- Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
- Working knowledge of the methods and procedures relating to food preparation in small quantities, and the skill to apply such information to cook a limited variety of prepared foods.
- Ability to read and understand written food service material such as food labels, standardized recipes, etc.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations in multiplying ingredients for a recipe and calculating how many servings.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of various foods such as color, flavor, consistency, texture, and temperature and cooking time required.
- Skill in planning, coordinating and timing sequence of steps required to have all menu items ready for serving at specified time.
- Knowledge of sanitation principles.
Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
Proof of education MUST be uploaded at time of application for consideration. If degree is not conferred, you MUST provide a copy of your high school diploma or equivalent with your college transcripts.
When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of your high school transcripts, college transcript, or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined ranking and rating criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
Background checks and security clearance
- Resume or NAF Application Form
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
- OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment / Must be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4).
- If you are a current Federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online at www.USAJOBS.gov.
Or send resume/application and required documents via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil. Please visit our webpage at http://www.navymwrsasebo.com/jobs.
Or submit all required documents to: Human Resources Office located on the 2nd Floor of Building PW 47 Room 210, Sasebo Naval Base, Japan.
NOTE: Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section to determine which applies to you and MUST be submitted online. You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date reflected on the vacancy announcement.
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: email@example.com. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance