ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health & Health Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Southwest Region, Phoenix Area, Quality Services, Environmental Services Department, Fort Yuma Service Unit, located in Winterhaven, California.Position is supervised under the Custodial Worker Supervisor.
Learn more about this agency
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicant who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information
- Clean patients units including "isolation" areas which require application of specific disinfecting procedures.
- Work from ladders or scaffolding; use heavy industrial type scrubber and buffers to perform preventive maintenance and adjustments as necessary.
- Collects and prepares soiled linen for laundry pickup; receives and shelves clean linen.
- Ensures that high standards of cleanliness are maintained and reports any situations requiring repair and/maintenance to Supervisor.
- As the occasion warrants, will be called upon to assist in the transportation of patents to and from the hospital for special clinics and to the general clinic and contract facilities.
- Collects and disposes of trash and refuse within the installation.