1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
This position is located in the Housekeeping Department of the Wanblee Field Facility, in Wanblee, South Dakota. The incumbent uses light to moderately heavy powered cleaning equipment and light to moderately heavy physical effort, while performing cleaning duties. Incumbent will provide clean linen distribution to the hospital and clinic areas. Will also handle all incoming clean linen from vendors.
Learn more about this agency
- Vacuums, dusts, mop floors, stairways, corridors, wards, utility rooms, offices, employee's lounges, bathrooms and other assigned areas daily. Scrubs and cleans commodes, urinals, washstands; and fixtures, mirrors, soap dispensers and paper and venetian blinds. Washes walls, windows and glass partitions. Replenishes custodial supplies to carts and janitorial closets.
- Cleans rooms and wards on special cleaning detail as instructed using proper antiseptic techniques. Removes and disposes of soap and towels from dispensers and replenishes. Polishes and buffs floors daily with electric floor polisher. Strips and reapplies floor sealer as necessary. Uses vacuum cleaner with water equipment attachments for wet floor pickup, floor plumbing overflow and other floor flooding cleaning methods Empties wastebaskets, trash containers. Cleans wastebasket, and containers when necessary. Places paper supplies, liquid detergents, floor sealer and other housekeeping supplies in bins or shelves in custodial supply areas.
- Cleans all rooms as directed: mops, sweeps, dusts, changes linen, replenishes linen and other supplies as needed. Cleans rooms after patients have been discharged or isolation has been discontinued as directed. This involves cleaning four walls, ceiling and floors, inside and outside of light fixtures and other hardware in the room.
- Receives hospital linen deliveries. Implements and maintains a system of linen and uniform control and distribution. Ensures that standards of quality of laundering are met. On occasion may mend repairable linen with hot patch or sewing machine. Collects soiled linen and carries to laundry and/or debris disposal area. Delivers clean linen to wards as requisitioned. Removes and replaces soiled cubicle curtains and show curtains as required.
- Maintains suites in the facility. This involves cleaning floors, walls, ceilings and equipment; removal of soiled and/or disposal of contaminated linens. Procedures must be strictly followed to prevent cross contamination of rooms and in transporting soiled linens to prevent bacteria fallout. Maintains isolation units, infant pediatric units using prescribed protective isolation cleaning procedures. Incumbent must ascertain what isolation procedures as necessary from the sign on the patient's room and from information obtained from supervisory personnel in those particular areas.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent