This position is located on in one of our National Processing Service Centers. Positions are available in: Winchester, VA (salary $17.53/hr); Hyattsville, MD (salary $17.53/hr) ; and Denton, TX (salary $17.12/hr). As a customer representative, you will assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. The ideal candidate will possess strong computer, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills service skills.
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employee's term of employment is 120 days. Local hire appointment may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
In this position, you will serve as a call center Customer Representative; as such completes the initial disaster assistance registration procedure: processes a variety of claims or requests for disaster assistance; and/or provides various types of information regarding available programs to people applying for disaster assistance by telephone after a Presidentially-declared disaster.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance by telephone. Conducts telephone interviews with disaster victims who have been affected by a declared disaster.
- Assists applicants by telephone and in person, determines applicant needs, and provides instructions and referrals to appropriate disaster programs, community resources, and other Federal agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides information and explanations of Housing Assistance, Other Needs Assistance Grant, and other programs to applicants.
- Conducts verification activities to determine eligibility of applicants for disaster assistance through direct contact with applicants, in order to gather and disseminate information.
- Processes applicant cases, re-certifications, audits, and recoups and lodging reimbursement from disaster assistance applicants.