Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
03/26/2020 to 04/09/2020
Pay scale & grade
$67,816 to $88,166 per year
2 vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open to US and NON US Citizens
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Learn more about this agency
This is a Regular Full Time position and is eligible for the NAF Benefits Package.
- Applies extensive, professional knowledge to plan, implement, and supervise a comprehensive program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth.
- Oversees CYS food service program to ensure compliance with all applicable Army and USDA food program policies and procedures to include proper meal components and food service/preparation and storage.
- Ensures CYS management staff work cooperatively to ensure seamless service and continuity of quality options for all children and youth. Prepares reports, surveys, and briefings for command and installation on matters pertaining to CYS.
- Recruits and hires qualified personnel utilizing Army CYS Standard Position Descriptions. Serves as Subject Matter Expert on installation child and youth services issues.
- Supervises program administrators and/or directors/managers; CYS Specialists, CYS Trainers and other staff assigned directly to CYS and evaluates employees based on established performance standards.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- Travel to on and off post locations required. Job requires working both in and out of doors.
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in the fields appropriate (child development, early childhood education, home economics (with early childhood emphasis), elementary education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled.
A combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in a subject matter field (24 semester hours) appropriate to the position (see above), plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described above.In addition candidates must possess:
1. Twenty-four (24) months of professional experience in managing at least 2 CYS programs (FCC, SAS, etc.) to include one year of responsibility of a center based child or youth program facility. This experience must be equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower level to include the following: experience working with regulatory, personnel, funding, and budgeting proponents. Knowledge of management analysis, personnel development, and APF and NAF funding and oversight relationship to CYS programs.
2. Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
3. Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills. Ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
Highly Preferred Candidates will have:
- 3 years' experience as a DOD Child and Youth Service CDC Director, SAC Director, Child Administrator, or CYS Coordinator.
- Experience with a national accrediting body that resulted in accreditation.
- Experience with automated DOD personnel systems.
Proof of education is required at the time of application.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1500 on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs areauthorized based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit for Army NAF Childcare Positions.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- Business Based Action
- Current/Former NAF Employee / Current Appropriated Employee
- Outside Applicant Veteran / Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Outside Applicant Non-Veteran
Required documents for each consideration category can be found in the applicant information kit, point of contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement if applicants have any questions about these consideration groups or documents. Applicants are also welcome to reach out to confirm receipt of the required documents or information when submitting an application for this position.
Eligibilities are listed above in the consideration order in accordance with the AR 215-3. Applicants will only be awarded the highest preference/priority consideration found eligible.
By claiming the "Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)" or "Current APF Employee (CAE)" priority consideration eligibility, applicants are self-certifying that they may not be eligible for other priority considerations. Failure to provide supporting documentation to validate preference or priority consideration claims could adversely impact the applicant's eligibility. For additional information on what may be required to support the applicant's eligibility claim, please refer to our Applicant Information Kit (URL:https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files= AF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf).
CNE/FNE/CAE priority consideration must be clearly defined in order to grant the priority consideration. We will need position title, series, grade, location and agency in order determine priority consideration. To ensure we have enough information, we encourage you to submit a copy of your most recent personnel action.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- HS Diploma/GED, College transcripts/Diploma
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (10749911)
2. Manually: Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance