Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
08/14/2019 to 08/22/2019
Pay scale & grade
$34,246 to $37,500 per year
The salary reflected is based on a 40 hour work week. The hourly pay rate for this position ranges from $16.41 to $17.97 per hour.
Part-Time - 20 Hours
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at MWR Child & Youth Services - Middle School/Teen Center, Fort Huachuca. This is a regular part-time position (20-39 hours) with eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans.
- Required to operate the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations
- Provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills, particularly in the areas of math, science, and English language (communication) skills.
- Works with Youth Education Support Services staff to develop and implement a comprehensive program to assist students in the completion of daily homework assignments, and reinforce existing and develop new skills
- Positively supports children through recognition of their efforts as well as be able to provide care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies
- Required to maintain control of and account for whereabouts and safety of children and youth, as well as plan, coordinate, and conduct activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth
- Must complete designated training requirements and records completed training on own Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - Occasionally travel between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- A pre-employment occupational physical is required for this position
- Must be willing and able to work varying hours to include Monday through Saturday, Days and Evenings, as well as occasional Nights and Sundays for special events
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis
- Appointment subject to favorable suitability determination
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
4. Possess and maintain a CDA/School-Age/Youth Credential (including Boys and Girls Clubs of America)/Army Youth Practicum
5. Possess 12 months of experience working in a related field
1. Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or a related field.
2. Possess work experience directly related to the duties to be performed.
3. Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
4. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for experience, your experience must be clearly stated in your resume, and transcripts must be uploaded at time of application. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
Additional information on the requirements and duties for this position can be viewed here
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 pm (noon) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- This position is eligible for Night Differential and Sunday Premium Pay.
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be hired.
This position is located at MWR Child, Youth & School Services - Middle School / Teen Program on Fort Huachuca, AZ and serves Grades 6th through 12th.
Middle School / Teen Program Hours and Days of Operation:
During the school year :
Mondays - Thursdays: 900 to 2000
Fridays: 900 to 2200
Saturdays: 1300 to 2200
During school-out days and vacations:
Monday - Thursday: 0800 to 2000
Fridays: 0800 to 2200
Saturday: 1300 to 2200
Closed on Federal Holidays.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, K.S.A's where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Please refer to our Application Information Kit
for further information on eligibility and required documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- DA Form 3433
- DD 1300
- VA Documentation
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. For Military Spousal Preference, complete and legible PCS orders must be uploaded at time of application to include all pages in order to substantiate eligibility. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV), or highest preference or priority consideration claimed and substantiated at time of application.
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance