1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
VA Connecticut Healthcare System was officially formed in 1995. We serve veterans in Connecticut and southern New England. The West Haven facility is a tertiary care facility classified as a Clinical Referral Level I Facility. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology and a renowned research program. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary, acute, tertiary and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics and extended care. Newington is an ambulatory care center that provides primary and specialty care. In addition to our main campuses, we operate six community-based primary care centers throughout the state.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent will provide services in specialized areas of radiologic technology listed below and/or general radiologic technology services.The incumbent will spend at least 25% of their time in the area of Special Procedures, which includes providing service to the Cardiology Department. Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Performs peripheral and visceral angiography of the abdominal systems and extremities i.e. renal, hepatic, mesenteric, aortic, femoral, etc. The exams involve the use of highly sophisticated x-ray equipment such as computerized fluoroscopy, pressure injectors, biplane imaging, patient monitors, etc.
- Performs myelography of the complete spine utilizing conventional x-ray units, patient immobilizers, etc., when required.
- Performs neuro-angiography, including spine, head and neck studies utilizing highly sophisticated x-ray equipment such as computerized fluoroscopy, pressure injectors, biplane imaging, patient monitors, etc.
- Performs Cardiac Catheterizations, Cardiac Angiography of the heart and Cardiac system, and related procedures. This involves the use of highly sophisticated x-ray equipment such as computerized digital fluoroscopy, pressure injectors, biplane imaging, patient monitors etc.
- Performs most exams utilizing surgical sterile techniques.
- Works with the radiologists and cardiologists as a member of the medical team.
- Prepare and intravenously inject contrast materials. These contrast materials are used in the exams performed in the special procedure area and the technologist must know the effects and reactions to the contrast.
- Practice radiation safety in order to reduce exposure to patients, staff and self.
- Performs image reconstructions on advanced workstations as directed by the radiologist or as part of a given study.
- Maintains records and files of exams performed on patients.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., to include holiday and weekend coverage and on-call coverage.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent