The Clinical Dietitian is the medical nutrition expert responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned clients, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs. He/she supports the facility's mission and coordinates nutritional care with other health care providers, the client, the client's family and the community.
Learn more about this agency
The Clinical Dietitian may be assigned to work in any of the inpatient and outpatient areas.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: [This list is not all inclusive of the duties associated with the position.]
- Provides complex nutrition care to inpatients.
- Conducts a comprehensive nutrition assessment, including nutrition focused physical exam, for patients in assigned areas who are at nutritional risk.
- Independently develops and implements an individualized plan for medical nutrition therapy in accordance with the patient's medical program goals and objectives.
- Calculates nutritional requirements (calories, protein, carbohydrates, lipids,vitamins, electrolytes, fluid) and necessary diet restrictions or food/drug interactions.
- Independently develops therapeutic plan for specialized nutrition support, including enteral and parenteral nutrition for patients with complex medical and nutritional needs.
- Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcome of medical nutrition therapy interventions.
- Provides appropriate follow-up in accordance with patient's treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community or home health service as appropriate.
- Assists in the orientation, training and education of dietetic students and interns. Plans learning experiences, teaches, and evaluates performance.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Financial Disclosure: Not Required