Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
These positions are being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC §1705(g)
About the Position: This is Electronic Engineer NH-0855 position is located in the Program Executive Office Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation (PEO, STRI), in Orlando, Florida.
To support of the mission and goals of the PEO, our Engineer stakes an active role in identifying the state-of-the-art for application to the PEO's development programs. Engineers evaluate the future program requirements and identify technology gaps in achieving these requirements. Our Engineers monitor industry's and academia's research and development activities and work to influence their efforts to support PEO STRI's future technology needs. We continuously review these gaps with respect to the Army's technology needs to support training and testing and evolve our focus areas to ensure that PEO STRI is providing innovative solutions to the Soldier.
Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Service as an engineering lead for the Persistent Cyber Training Environment (PCTE) program.
- Performs system, interoperability, software, network and test engineering required to support the acquisition and life cycle management.
- Provides technical advice to leadership in engineering and testing of component subsystems, and systems.
- Involves the design, integration, test and management of complex systems composed of hardware, computers, software and instrumentation hardware.
- Serves as the technical lead to explore and formulate material concepts for the PCTE in accordance with using organization's operations requirements documents.
- Reviews, analyzes, and clarifies requirements and documentation through formal and informal meetings and discussions with SMEs.
- Conducts Market surveys and analyzes make/buy decisions.
- Prepares proposal evaluation reports; defends and justifies for acquisition authority.
- Clarifies and evaluates contractor final proposals and makes recommendation to acquisition authority for award contract.
25% or less - This position requires 25% job related travel