Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S Coast Guard, C4IT Service Center, Product Line Division, DGPS PL Branch, DGPS Development Section, Portsmouth, VA.
The selectee will be performing the design and implementation of Differential Global Positioning System (GPS) architecture in support of various subsystems pertaining to the Maritime and Nationwide Differential Global Positioning System (NDGPS).
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
* Managing tasks related to the engineering, implementation, and installation of GPS system suites, including reference stations, integrity monitors, antennas, computers, user interfaces, and associated networking and interconnecting hardware.
* Drafting/reviewing Statement of Work (SOW) documents, budgeting of project funds, initiation and tracking of project procurements, developing installation plans, and scheduling and control of installations.
* Staying abreast of expected satellite launches and impacts to GPS and other GNSS constellation issues, be familiar with Medium Frequency (MF) characteristics, including propagation and impacts on DGPS coverage and accuracy.
* Managing GPS subsystem requirement changes via the DOORS Database, initiate System Trouble Reports (STR's) and System Improvement Reports (SIR's) documenting problems encountered during GPS subsystem troubleshooting.
* Designing, installing, and operating a wide range of systems including communication, data, networks, and navigation.
* Serving as the day-to-day point of contact for resolution of technical problems and assistance concerning interpretation of design or technical regulations.
* Participating in preliminary engineering studies for new systems, participate in making technical studies as necessary and reports to the Senior Electronics Engineer.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.