About the Agency
FirstNet is responsible for developing proposals for deploying a nationwide, interoperable public safety broadband network that will provide high speed wireless telecommunications services to more than 60,000 public safety organizations throughout the country, including fire fighters, police, emergency medical services, hospitals, ambulance services, and other public and private entities with emergency response responsibilities.
This position is located within the Network Program Office (NPO) working in the Program Support Office. As an Emergency Management Specialist the incumbent will support the internal procurements, hiring action routing and tracking, internal budget support, all meeting logistics with FirstNet’s partner, and assists with the development and maintenance of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) dashboard.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 75 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 75TH APPLICATION, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Assist program and project managers in developing requirements for procurements;
- Track and update all program obligations and expenses;
- Develop and consolidate edits in support of annual and ad-hoc budget slides;
- Provide weekly budget updates to the Chief Network Program Officer and Director;
- Assist the NPO hiring managers with development of recruitment hiring packages and other NPO personnel actions;
- Conduct requirement gathering on behalf of NPO to inform yearly hiring targets, missing resources, budget updates, etc.;
- Provide and update internal project tracker ensuring coordination across multiple program areas within the NPO;
- Coordinate logistical support for all internal/external meetings with FirstNet’s partner;
- Serve as the technical writer for all technical acquisition documents between the NPO and FirstNet’s partner;
- Draft fact sheets and other written products about highly technical topics;
- Develop presentation materials, memorandums, briefing papers, and talking points for senior leaders;
- Assist in the development of new project management tools or processes needed by NPO staff; and
- Assist NPO program managers in the creation, development, and maintenance of the FirstNet dashboard.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 25% travel may be required.