As a Executive Liaison for 401 (k) Oversight and functions as the key advisor to the Senior Deputy Comptroller for Management/CFO on activities relating to the OTS and OCC 401(k) Plans.
Sr. Dep Comptroller, Management/CFO
Location Negotiable After Selection. There is one position to be filled in any of the locations specified above.
Salary range does not include geographical pay.
For specific information on geographic pay differentials, click here.
Total pay cannot exceed applicable pay cap, which is $265,000 for 2018.
Learn more about this agency
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Must be U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Please review Conditions of Employment section.
- Click "Print to review entire announcement before applying.
As a Executive Liaison 401(k) Oversight, you will:
- Provide broad strategic management oversight of OCC’s and OTC’s and OTS’s 401(k) Plans (the Plans), programs, policies, and activities. Serve as a technical expert and policy advisor to the Chair regarding broad and highly sensitive fiduciary activities that impact overall Plan strategies and issues affecting the OCC 401 (k) plan.
- At the direction of the SDC for Management/CFO, plans and carries out high level strategic policy analyses on a wide range of sensitive and complex issues associated with the OCC’s 401 (k) Plans fiduciary responsibilities. Serve as a recognized expert in developing and interpreting guidelines, policies, legislation, and regulations regarding fiduciary responsibilities and overall administration of the OCC’s 401 (K) Plan. Identify policy and operational changes necessary for effective functioning of the Plans and recommends implementation procedures to the Chair for highly complex operational issues.
- Coordinates with senior executives and other experts throughout the agency and with other FIRREA agencies as well as other government agencies as the Chair’s primary representative regarding strategic risk posed to the OCC regarding overall management of the Plan. Works closely with the 401 (k) Operations team (Human Capital, Compensation and Benefits, Retirement unit) with specific authority from the Senior Deputy Comptroller of Management/CFO and 401(k) Committee Chair, to coordinate oversee, and direct activities to ensure effective and timely program operational management and project execution. Ensures effective coordination and collaboration with senior level executive management.
- Advises the Chair of necessary action to ensure compliance with plan documents, IRS requirements, and recommends to the Chair policy changes that impact the 401 (k) plan in its entirety. Proactively works with and promotes communication between the 401 (k) Chair, 401 (k) Committee, Sub-Committees to include Plan Operation’s Advisory Group, the Investment and Governance Subcommittee, and the 401 (k) Operations Team. Partners with senior leaders in other FIRREA and Federal agencies.
- Writes and briefs strategic concepts, plans and recommends to the SDC. Participates in policy development, strategic planning, risk management and compliance, building broad consensus across OM and successfully representing these policies and plans.
Occasional travel - 25% or less