This is a Washington Air National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service Non-Bargaining Unit Technician position:
Learn more about this agency
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
Location: 141 CPFT, Fairchild AFB, WA
Appointment Type: Indefinite
Advertised as: Enlisted
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
*This is an indefinite position. If an individual employed in the excepted civil service accepts this position, he/she will receive an indefinite appointment. If a Reduction-In-Force occurs the indefinite appointee will have no reemployment rights to his/her former position or any other position. If funding level and employee manning levels permit, incumbent may be converted to permanent technician status without further competition.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
For information about joining the Air National Guard please call 1-800-TO-GO-ANG
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Washington Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard at the required military grade listed if the position is open Nationwide.
A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, GS-0503-8:
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems.
- Performs in-depth analysis on complicated pay, travel, accounts payable and receivable and fiscal accounting activity issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
- Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and, applies pertinent Fiscal Laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on airmen inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collection.
- Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations.
- Incumbent researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures, and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered.
- Performs other duties as assigned
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2151000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Nationwide: All Members of the Washington Air National Guard, or U.S. Citizens willing to join the Washington Air National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.