These positions are located in Nutrition and Food Service at the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System in Prescott, Arizona.
Duties and Major Responsibilities:
· Using proper cleaning solutions to sanitize food preparation surfaces.
· Cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers in a food service or food handling organization.
· Handling and storing sanitized dishes, glasses and silverware for public use.
· Making sandwiches using prepared ingredients for cafeteria or buffet lines.
· Portioning food items into standard serving sizes using the proper utensils and containers.
· Assembling and tossing fresh fruit or green salads in large quantities for public consumption.
· Brewing coffee in a restaurant/commercial size coffee maker.
· Setting up glasses, silverware, dishes, trays and condiments in communal dining areas.
· Scouring and scrubbing heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls and pots.
· Performing heavy duty cleaning tasks such as ceilings and/or exhaust hoods.
· Loading and operating a continuous conveyor belt feeding dishwasher.
· Setting up cafeteria lines and/or steam-tables with hot and cold food items.
· Carrying out preventive maintenance and cleaning by removing inspection doors, strainer pans, and spray arms of a dish machine.
· Standing/walking to clear tables and carrying trays of heavy dishes for several hours or more at a time.
· Sweeping and mopping floors repetitively in high traffic areas such as corridors, entryways, cafeterias and other areas.
· Moving kitchen equipment such as stand mixers, weight scales and meat slicers to clean spaces behind and under such equipment.
· Delivering meals, which may include hot foods and liquids, to patients' bedsides or patrons.
· Emptying trashcans containing food scraps and waste.
· Reading and understanding written material such as time and duty schedules.
· Reading and following instructions with regard to safety data sheets for hazardous chemicals.
· Reading and following instructions on menus, recipes, and/or basic work instructions.
· Following label directions in using cleaning or disinfecting/sanitizing agents.
· Applying sanitation principles to safeguard food against spoilage and waste.
· Adhering to safety policies and procedures when performing manual work involving lifting, carrying, transporting and delivering food or other items.
· Working quickly without accidents while at the same time being attentive to the quality of your work.
· Recognizing typical health and safety hazards for yourself and other workers around you.
· Working rapidly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines.
Work Schedule: Rotating tours of duty between the hours of 5:30
am - 7:30 pm, with rotating days off, Holidays and weekends included.
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Position Description: Food Service Worker, WG-7408-02, PD#10311A
incentive is not authorized for this position.